How Venie Works
Discover the opportunities Venie has to offer
Shooting content? Networking? Presenting? Celebrating? Or wanting to enjoy a cocktail with a view? If you’re on the hunt for the perfect location, we’re here to make finding that unique somewhere easier. We’ve created specific categories to narrow down your search for the ideal venue, in your part of New Zealand.
We’ve put a lot of thought into the details of what you need and we’ve used a lot of icons to help convey that information quickly. We want you to be able to easily compare your options. That way you can tick finding a venue and get back to organising your meeting, shoot, workshop, corporate dinner, celebration… the list goes on.
We are also here to inspire and help you to find where you need to be. That’s why we call ourselves New Zealand’s feel-good venue directory.
"We want people out and about. To meet, explore and experience. To go somewhere new, look up and say wow. To feel connected and better than when they arrived."
- Access all areas
- Homes and studios for large productions
- A quiet place to record
- Interesting indoor spaces to capture great audio and interviews
- Backdrop for the gram
- Colourful and interesting walls and locations
- Backyard shoots
- Impressive gardens, decks and pools
- Shoot with a kitchen
- Eye-catching and spacious kitchens for shoots
- Shoot with a view
- Scenic shoot locations for production crews and photographers
On the job
- Breathe and move
- Venues for mindfulness and movement
- Next on stage
- Venues for live music, comedy and performances
- Studio and exhibition space for your creations
- Team building
- Group activity locations
- VIP dining
- For important guests and groups
- Working the room
- Conference, meeting and corporate event venues
Social + celebration
- Brunch and brew
- Places to get your morning started right
- Challenge yourself
- Venues for adventure, thrills and quizzes
- Community club
- Venues for community groups, clubs and hobbies
- Venues parents and kids will appreciate
- Food and drinks with a view
- Scenic venues to enjoy with others
- Food finds
- Food and drink tastings, tours and not to be missed experiences
- Venues for over-65s to socialise
- Social gathering
- Event spaces for private functions and weddings
- Sweet celebrations
- Bubbles, baby showers and high tea
Not sure what categories to list in? Thinking about main, alternative and new uses could help. Venie wants to connect you with more people and category listings will do that. See how we used the method below with the imaginary venue Betties.
Betties is a hotel used often by those travelling for work. It has three meeting rooms and a restaurant overlooking a lake. Its large deck is popular for private functions and weddings. Its trendy style and scenic views make it an ideal shoot location.
The categories Betties will list in are shown below. For some categories, there are multiple listings to show the different options available. For example, Betties has two awesome photo backdrop options, therefore it has two listings in Backdrop for the gram.
Listings based on uses
|Creating content||Shoot with a view||
A quiet place to record
Backdrop for the gram
Backdrop for the gram
|On the job||
Working the room
Working the room
Working the room
|Social + celebration||
Food and drinks with a view
Showcase your venue to our audience keen to celebrate, meet, create, present and experience. Our feel-good online platform is the place to be found. Use our detailed, ranked category listings to improve your bookings, brand awareness and visibility on Google.
Here's how to get your venue on Venie.
Identify your categories
Look for the many different ways people can experience your business. Some may be your normal sources of income, others may be a chance for new revenue streams. We want to help connect you with more people so everyone feels good. Scroll up to see a list of our categories or click here.
Create your company account
Add your contact details, choose a password and select the venue account type. This allows you to add venue profiles and category listings on our online platform. You can create an account by clicking on the Create Account link at the top of the website or simply by clicking here.
Add a venue profile
This is a summary page where people will click to learn more from each listing. Here you can provide more details about your venue and give a more rounded explanation.
Your venue profile is also where all your listings will show in one place, giving people a chance to see ALL your awesome uses.
Venue profiles are based on one physical address. For businesses with multiple venue addresses, you can create more than one venue profile linked to your company account.
Once logged in, you can add or edit your venue profile by clicking on the Account link at the top of the website.
Choose your membership type
When adding your details to the venue profile, you’ll be asked to choose your membership type for that address. Membership options are explained below.
For paid memberships, you can pay online with credit / debit cards using the secure Stripe system. Fees are paid monthly, in advance, with GST additional. Please refer to our FAQs and Terms and Conditions if you would like further information about billing.
- Unlimited Category Listings
- Standard Venue Profile
$15 NZD per month
- All the benefits of a free membership
- Category Listings and Venue Profile include a key photo or video
- Category Listings appear higher than free listings
Feel - good
$25 NZD per month
- All the benefits of a photo membership
- Premiere Venue Profile with three additional photos or videos and upcoming experiences
- Category Listings appear higher than photo listings
- Venue Profile free from future advertisements
Create your first category listing
Your category listings are the star of the show. They are what people will be searching for. Choose a listing category. Perhaps start with your main use. Next:
Write your words
In your description, highlight the most useful information, such as size, or interesting bits, not already obvious from the visual or icons.
Contact us for our support document or video if you would like examples, explanations or word counts.
Select your visuals
Paid memberships include listing photos or videos. Let these do the talking. Choose the visual that will make your venue stand out in its category.
Photos should be high resolution and text-free. Landscape orientation, JPEG and less than 10MB is also best.
Videos will ideally be 1920 x 1080 and link from YouTube. Choose a thumbnail image that best represents your venue.
Select your icons and gauge levels
We want to help people choose a venue easily, which is why we’ve used icons and gauges to reduce the amount of words needed. There are standard icons like parking and WiFi. There are also gauges where you select a level for more specific details like how much natural light or background noise.
Create additional category listings
Repeat the above steps for your relevant categories. Remember you can edit and add to your category listings and venue profile anytime during the year by logging in.
You may have more than one listing in a category. For instance, if you have three meeting rooms you would create three listings in the Working the room category.
One profile + multiple listings to promote new and popular income uses. Venie is different because with one venue profile, you are able to promote multiple uses as listings, that are easy to search and visually engaging. All for one affordable monthly fee or free.
Venie focuses on inspiring, helpful and feel-good storytelling to encourage those in need of a location to find listings like yours, on our website.
Venie is a marketing opportunity to reach a wider audience. Increase your brand awareness by having people view your listings.
Drive new traffic to your website helping to boost your visibility on Google and increase bookings.
Get well-informed leads whose interest has been peaked to learn more about your exciting offerings.
We want to make great content for our social media, website and members. Storytelling plays a big part in that. We value the interesting insights, tips and stories that people like you have to share with our audience. We want to inspire people to try new places and experiences. Who better to tell those stories than the people who live it every day. It’s a win win, as together we can create content that directs traffic to our respective websites. If you have an idea of how we can work together, please contact us.
How will users find my venue?
Users will search for a location, like Tauranga and then a category, like VIP dining. Your listing will appear/rank in the results based on your membership level. To learn more, the user can click on the venue name which takes users to your venue profile, where all your category listings can be found in one place.
What categories should I list in?
We have lots of categories so take a look at the list at the top of the page and start with your most popular venue uses. Then think about new opportunities to use your space. For instance, your cafe wall could be perfect for a photo shoot which could get more people in the door and lead to further brand awareness for your business. For some, your categories will be obvious as you have just one or two uses, but for larger venues, you could have multiple listings, some in the same category.
Can I list more than once in a category?
Yes, if it is different to your other listing/s. This is particularly relevant to venues with multiple meeting room options. Our users would benefit from seeing the rooms listed individually so they can make the best decision using their criteria. Your category listings will appear in location searches, such as Tauranga, as well as on your venue profile.
What if I have multiple venues?
Venie memberships are based on a single address that you create a venue profile for. If you have more than one venue / address, you can select a membership type for each. You can keep track of your multiple venue profiles and memberships once you are logged in with your company account.
What is the best visual to use?
Paid memberships come with listing photos or videos. Let these do the talking. Choose the visual that will make your venue stand out in that specific category.
Venue profile visuals should best summarise your overall wow factor.
Photos should be high resolution and text-free. Landscape orientation, JPEG and less than 10MB is also best.
Videos will need to be upload to YouTube as they will play from there. Choose a thumbnail image that best represents your venue.
How do I add or edit my information on Venie?
Once logged in, head to the venues section on your account page. To view an existing venue profile, click on the link. Use the add venue profile button if you are beginning the process. When you want to make changes use the edit buttons located on the account page or venue profile page. For listings and experiences these can be added, edited and viewed, on the venue profile. You are also able to add listings and experiences from the account page.
Can I get some more information on what to add and where?
No problem, we’ve got a couple of resources that can help. Our Venie Demonstration Video and our Venie Venue Preparation Document. Simply, contact us to let us know where you are stuck and we’ll get you sorted.
Can I write more words for my category listing?
Your individual listings are to catch the eye of users looking for that particular venue use. They don’t want to sit and read hours and hours of writing. Your description should be short and sweet, highlighting the most useful information, such as size, or interesting bits. Make the most of the icons to show what is included and let your photo do a lot of the talking.
Once you’ve peaked their interest, they will head to your venue profile and website where they learn even more.
What are some abbreviations I can use?
- price on application
- square metre
Why list with Venie?
- Promote existing and new uses / income streams
- Reach a wider audience
- Increase your brand awareness
- Be competitive in the marketplace
- Drive traffic to your website
- Enjoy an attractive user-friendly platform
- Add to the feel-good factor!
How can Venie help with SEO?
A Venie venue profile and category listings is a chance to create a backlink to your website. Not sure what a backlink is? It is when one website (ours) provides a link to another (yours) and gives confidence to search engines like Google, that your website is worth visiting. Backlinks are a SEO strategy to help improve your Google search ranking.
How can I monitor the leads Venie generates?
Emails sent from your Venie profile, will have the default subject line - Hello, I found your venue on Venie. You can check traffic to your website from Venie, by using your Google Analytics. On the left click Acquisition/all traffic/referrals. Be sure to adjust and apply the date range in the top right.
How does billing work?
For paid memberships, when creating your venue profile, you’ll be asked to provide credit/debit card details. Payments are collected through the secure online payment service Stripe.
Memberships are for one month, paid in advance in New Zealand dollars with GST additional. Payments auto-renew or can be cancelled prior by using the edit button on your account page to update your venue profile. Located next to the cancel button at the bottom of the update page is where you’ll find information about your subscription. You can upgrade your membership type during the month, your credit/debit card will be charged the difference. You can also downgrade during the month, but no refund will be provided for the difference. For more details, please refer to our terms and conditions below.
Payment via invoice is also available, you will need to pay 12 months upfront for this option. Simply select send me an invoice when adding a venue profile.
- “Customers” means persons interested in booking venues.
- “GST” means Goods and Services Tax in accordance with the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985.
- “Listings” means listings on Venie.co.nz advertising venues.
- “Fee” means the monthly subscription fee and any other fees we charge to Members in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- “Members” means persons advertising venues.
- “Us” or “we” means Mayfair Limited.
- “Venie.co.nz” means the www.venie.co.nz website.
- “Venie Profile” means a Member’s summary of Listings.
3 Data Protection and Privacy
- 3.2 While we take reasonable steps to ensure that Venie.co.nz is reasonably secure, you acknowledge and agree that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any information you post, send or share using the Venie.co.nz may be read or intercepted by others.
- 3.3 Please note that where we include links in Venie.co.nz to the applications, website or services of third parties, via any Listing or otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties, or the way they handle any personal information they collect about you. You should ensure you read their privacy policies carefully before using these third party website or services.
4 Proprietary Rights and Licence
- 4.1 All trade marks, copyright, database rights, and other intellectual property rights of any nature in Venie.co.nz together with the underlying software code are owned directly either by us or by our licensors.
- 4.2 We hereby grant you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free revocable licence to use Venie.co.nz for your personal use in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
5 General Conditions of Use
- 5.1 Venie.co.nz comprises an online platform on which Members’ Listings are posted and where Customers may search for venues. Customers enter into transactions directly with Members rather than with or through Venie.co.nz.
- 5.2 You acknowledge that when you enter into a transaction in respect of venues advertised on Venie.co.nz we are acting solely as an intermediary and not as a party to your transaction.
- 5.3 By creating an account with us, Members:
- (a) Consent to us conducting verification and security procedures in respect of the information provided during the registration process; and
- (b) Agree to keep any login and account details confidential and secure.
- 5.4 You confirm that all information and details you provide us are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times. You can update and correct your personal details at any time via your dashboard.
- 5.5 You will not, nor allow third parties on your behalf to:
- (a) make and distribute copies of Venie.co.nz;
- (b) attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange, or translate Venie.co.nz; or
- (c) create derivative works of Venie.co.nz of any kind whatsoever.
- 5.6 We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Venie.co.nz in accordance with these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.
6 Customer Acknowledgements
- 6.1 We accept listings of Members based on their representations that they meet our criteria for listing. This is an honesty system and we do not seek to independently verify that a Member meets our criteria. On Venie.co.nz we make available third party information about Members and their offerings but that the making available of that information is not a recommendation or endorsement by us. Customers acknowledge and agree that their use of Venie.co.nz is at their own risk.
- 6.2 As a Customer, you agree to compensate and indemnify us against any loss, damage, liability or claims that we suffer or become liable for as a result of your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- 6.3 Transactions and all other contact between Members and Customers are conducted entirely at your own risk. You agree not to involve us in any dispute or in the resolution of any disputes that may arise.
- 7.1 We will use reasonable efforts to make Venie.co.nz available at all times. However, you acknowledge Venie.co.nz is provided on the internet and on mobile networks, so the quality and availability of Venie.co.nz may be affected by factors outside our reasonable control.
- 7.2 We, our group of companies, and our sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for unavailability of Venie.co.nz or any difficulty or inability to download or access content or any other communication system failure which may result in Venie.co.nz being unavailable.
- 7.3 We will not be responsible for any support or maintenance for Venie.co.nz.
Membership Listings and Sales
8 Our Obligations
- 8.1 Our general obligations to you as a Member include:
- (a) providing our services in accordance with our agreement with you;
- (b) promptly responding to any questions you have about advertising on Venie.co.nz;
- (c) providing you with clear information about our billing and charges when requested.
- 8.2 We have the right to enforce our Member requirements and to determine where necessary:
- (a) whether you meet our criteria for placing Listings on Venie.co.nz;
- (b) the final look and feel of your Listing so that it complies with Venie.co.nz specifications.
- 8.3 We also reserve the right to:
- (a) ask you to substantiate any claims about your business, organisation, services or services that you make in your Listing;
- (b) edit your Listing, after consulting with you;
- (c) refuse to accept or publish your Listing if we believe it is incompatible with our guiding principles, values and our social responsibilities;
- (d) cancel or remove your Listing if we deem it is not in our best interests or may injure our reputation.
- 8.4 If we are found to have any direct liability to any Member in any circumstance, that liability is limited to the cost of that Member’s subscription for 12 months.
9 Member Obligations
- 9.1 Your obligation as a Member is to comply with these Terms and to ensure that the venues that you list on Venie.co.nz are relevant and appropriate to our Customers. By applying to be a Member you are representing that you meet our stated criteria for being a Member, and will continue to do so while you maintain a Listing on Venie.co.nz. Failure to meet our criteria on application or subsequently will constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- 9.2 Your obligations as a Member also include confirming that you are obtaining our services and services for genuine business purposes and that you (and any person acting on your behalf) has authority to enter into this agreement with us.
- 9.3 Member obligations also include making sure that any content you provide, use, or make available for use in your Listing (or Venue Profile as appropriate):
- (a) complies with these Terms and Conditions;
- (b) is compatible with our website specifications;
- (c) is complete and accurate and is not misleading or confusing, including any representations or claims about your business or organisation and your membership of any business or trade associations;
- (d) complies with all relevant laws, regulations, codes and standards in relation to the services being advertised through your Listing, your use of our website and any content that you provide, use, or make available for your Listing;
- (e) is owned by you or you have the rights to provide it, use it, or make it available for use and distribution as part of your Listing;
- (f) does not infringe anyone else’s intellectual property or privacy rights and is not defamatory, offensive or obscene;
- (g) is not about or concerning a third party without that third party’s consent;
- (h) does not damage, interfere with or harm Venie.co.nz, or any network or system underlying or connected to them, or attempt to do so;
- (i) does not use a robot, spider, scraper or other unauthorised automated means to access Venie.co.nz or any information featured on it for any purpose;
- (j) does not link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware or malware downloads or facilitates or promotes collection of demographic and usage information from a user’s computer without the user’s express consent;
- (k) only includes a URL or domain name within the body of the Listing that links to that same URL or domain.
- 9.4 As a Member you agree to compensate and indemnify us against any loss, damage, liability or claims that we suffer or become liable for as a result of your failure to comply with our agreement with you.
- 9.5 We do not participate in any discussion or transaction between Members and Customers, nor do we act as an agent for either party.
- 9.6 Transactions and all other contact between Members and Customers are conducted entirely at your own risk. You agree not to involve us in any dispute or in the resolution of any disputes that may arise.
10 Creating Listings
- 10.1 In order to place Listings on the Venie.co.nz you must create an account on venie.co.nz.
- 10.2 Once your account is created you can create a Venue Profile and Listings via your Member dashboard. All Listings that appear on Venie.co.nz must be created by you and in accordance with clause 8.3.
- 10.3 If we do not accept your Listing copy, we have the right to publish your Listing without it or remove your listing altogether.
- 10.4 We have sole discretion to determine the types of advertising and promotion that will be accepted and displayed on Venie.co.nz.
- 10.5 We are not responsible for the content, colour limitations or accuracy of third-party advertisements (including hyperlinks to Members’ own websites).
- 10.6 Each Member is solely responsible for any representation made in connection with its Listing.
- 10.7 We do not accept responsibility for any loss arising from failure of all or part of a Listing to appear or for any error in a Listing.
- 10.8 Members are responsible for providing:
- (a) a fully completed online Venue Profile and Listings;
- (b) clear proofed descriptions of their business;
- (c) hyperlinks to their preferred contact email address, social media accounts and website;
- (d) correct contact details for invoicing and communication purposes.
- 10.9 Members need to ensure that each of their Listings complies with:
- (a) the relevant codes of practice issued by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA); and
- (b) all relevant laws, regulations, codes and standards in relation to the services and services being advertised, and we recommend all Members obtain their own legal advice on this.
- 10.10 You indentify us against all losses or costs arising directly or indirectly from publication of your Listing on Venie.co.nz, and from any costs incurred from making corrections or amendments in accordance with these Terms.
11 Withdrawing Listings
- 11.1 Listings can be withdrawn at any time. If you want to withdraw a Listing, you can do so via your dashboard.
- 12.1 Our Fees are notified in our rate card and will vary depending on the subscription level and any other options you chose. We reserve the right to revise our Fees at any time. You can upgrade your subscription level at any time, and you will be charged a top up fee based on the time left on your current month’s subscription. You can also downgrade your subscription level before the next renewal but we do not offer any refunds in these circumstances.
- 12.2 Fees are in New Zealand dollars and exclude Goods and Service Tax (GST).
- 12.3 Fees are to be paid either by credit card or bank deposit, as we may require. Payment processing services for Members via the website are provided by Stripe and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”). By agreeing to these terms or continuing to operate as a Member, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of the Website enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide to the us accurate and complete information about you, and you authorise us to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
- 12.4 If you pay on invoice all invoices must be paid for on or before the invoice due date via direct credit. If you do not make a payment by the due date, we reserve the right to remove existing Listings from the venie.co.nz until payment is made. In addition, you indemnify us against all loss, costs, and expenses, including legal costs on a solicitor/client basis, that we may incur as a result of any failure by you to make due and punctual payment.
- 13.1 You will continue to own or have the right to use any content that you provide to us for use in your Listing. You grant us permission to re-use content elsewhere on Venie.co.nz (not your Venue Profile or category Listing), or for marketing purposes, such as our social media marketing.
- 13.2 We own or are licensed to use all rights including copyright in:
- (a) Venie.co.nz;
- (b) our trade marks, brand names, badges, icons, logos and domain names;
- (c) the images in our image library;
- (d) data that we collect or that is generated through or in relation to Venie.co.nz;
- (e) all content published, contained, posted or uploaded in or on Venie.co.nz.
- 13.3 As copyright owner, we decide who is able to use that content and the kinds of use they can make of it.
- 13.4 Except for content that we allow to be shared for specific purposes through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other social media, you must not use any of our property without our permission.
14 Placing Listings
- 14.1 The placement of third party advertising on Venie.co.nz is at our discretion and does not mean that we favour, endorse or recommend any of the advertised products or services that are listed.
- 14.2 Our search function operates in a way that Customers can easily and logically find what they are looking for based on relevancy and membership level. We reserve the right to display advertising in a way that we believe best serves our and Customers’ needs.
- 14.3 If you do not want third party advertising located near your Listing, you should ensure you have a membership subscription that prevents this.
15 Renewal and Termination
- 15.1 Your subscription will renew automatically until either you cancel it or we terminate it, as provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
- 15.2 You will NOT receive a notification about monthly subscription renewals. If you do not wish to renew, or you wish to downgrade your membership, you need to notify us via your dashboard before the renewal date.
- 15.3 We may terminate our agreement with a Member and their account at any time if we receive a complaint or series of complaints about you or your business, or if we deem your behaviour, your Listings or any content that you have provided to be unacceptable.
- 15.4 If we terminate our agreement with you in full or in part for any of these reasons, then we will not provide you with a refund of any Fee that you have paid to us for the current month and you must pay the balance of your current month’s membership if it is outstanding.
- 15.5 You can choose to stop using Venie.co.nz at any time by cancelling your account via the dashboard.
- 15.6 Even though this agreement may have been terminated by either of us, those rights and responsibilities which are intended to continue after this agreement ends will not be affected by that termination.
- 15.7 Upon any termination:
- (a) the rights and licences granted to you will terminate; and
- (b) you must cease all use of the software.
- 16.1 If you breach these Terms and Conditions then (without limiting any other remedy we may have), we may at our sole discretion, disable or partially disable, modify or delete any or all of your accounts, block your IP address or device from accessing the Venie.co.nz, or in any other lawful way partially or fully restrict your access to the Venie.co.nz. This includes breaches of our codes of conduct or harassment policy.
- 16.2 You agree to compensate us and keep us compensated for any loss we suffer (including financial or reputational loss) howsoever arising, as a result of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
17 Disclaimer and Liability
- 17.1 The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986 may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. These Terms and Conditions must in all cases be read subject to those statutory provisions.
- 17.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, and for the avoidance of doubt, we hereby disclaim all implied warranties with regard to Venie.co.nz. Venie.co.nz and software are provided "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind.
- 17.3 In no event will we be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of your use of or access to Venie.co.nz, including loss of profit or the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties or whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise.
- 17.4 We are not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment, including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld devices, or mobile telephones, as a result of the installation or use of Venie.co.nz.
- 17.5 While we put in place policies and take reasonable steps to ensure that Listings are only posted by reputable Members we do not guarantee the accuracy or validity of any information or in any way endorse the suitability of any services described in any Listing for a particular person or class of persons. You acknowledge that any transaction you enter into following review of Listings on Venie.co.nz is conducted at your discretion and risk.
- 17.6 Venie.co.nz may include links to third party websites. We accept no responsibility for the availability, suitability, reliability or content of such third party websites and We do not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them.
- 18.1 Events outside our control: If any cause beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to order of a government or other authority, strike, lockout, labour dispute, delays in transit, difficulty in procuring components or equipment, embargo, accident, emergency, act of God interfere with our performance of any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions then we may at our sole discretion suspend our performance of any such obligation or cancel any contract and we will not be liable to you in any respect.
- 18.2 Waiver: These Terms and Conditions remain in force notwithstanding any neglect, forbearance or delay in enforcement. We will not be deemed to have waived any condition unless such waiver will be in writing and such waiver will only apply to the particular transaction to which it refers.
- 18.3 Severability: If any clause or provision of these Terms and Conditions will be held illegal or unenforceable by any judgment of any Court or Tribunal having competent jurisdiction, such clause will not apply to this Agreement. The remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect as if the clause or provision held to be illegal or unenforceable had not been included.
- 18.4 Entire agreement: These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersedes and extinguishes all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, drafts, agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between Us, whether written or oral, relating to Venie.co.nz.
- 18.5 Assignment: You acknowledge that we may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions (and any related claims) to any third party without having to obtain your prior consent.
19 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of New Zealand. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
For any query, complaint or comment, please contact us by email at [email protected]
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us with will be processed by us when you use the Venie website (venie.co.nz). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Venie.co.nz is operated by Mayfair Ltd. and is also referred to as “we” and “us”.
Information we May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Account information: The information (including your first name, surname, phone number and email address) that you provide by setting up an account through Venie.co.nz, in registering for our newsletter, in entering into any transaction through Venie.co.nz or otherwise by contacting us.
- Site Activity: we will automatically collect the following information about your use of Venie.co.nz:
- technical information, including: the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet; browser type and version; and time zone setting;
- information, including the full URL; clickstream to, through and from Venie.co.nz and Listings that you viewed.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive certain legal and administrative emails from us, which are necessary for the provision of Venie.co.nz to you. You may also choose to sign up to receive certain marketing or additional emails which you can unsubscribe from. You cannot, however, opt out of receiving certain legal or administrative notices from us. If you enter one of our competitions we will keep a copy of the data you submit to us.
- Information provided to us from other sources: we may receive information about you from third parties in the course of making available Venie.co.nz to you, including organisers of events that are listed on Venie.co.nz; business partners; sub-contractors; and payment providers.
We use Information Held About You in the Following Ways
Information you give to us
We use this information:
- to make Venie.co.nz available to you;
- provide you with information about activities that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- administer your account with us;
- provide information to Suppliers with whom you book venues through Venie.co.nz in order to facilitate such bookings;
- disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law;
- notify you about changes to Venie.co.nz; and
- ensure that Venie.co.nz is presented in the most effective manner for you.
Information that we collect about you
We use this information:
- identify you as a user of Venie.co.nz;
- administer Venie.co.nz;
- ensure that Venie.co.nz is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- measure and understand the effectiveness of certain features of Venie.co.nz; and
- provide location-based services to you if you access our website via a mobile browser and you allow the transmission of your location data when prompted by your browser.
Information we recieve from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information that we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, and to report aggregate information to our business users. This is statistical data about the browsing actions and patterns of our users. We may obtain information about your usage of Venie.co.nz by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive or your mobile device's internal memory. Cookies help us to: improve Venie.co.nz; deliver a better and more personalised service both through Venie.co.nz and through third party websites and applications. They enable us to:
- support our analytics, to estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Venie.co.nz according to your individual interests;
- manage notifications and some of the content you see, so that you don’t keep seeing the same notifications over and over again;
- deliver advertising to you that is more suited to your interests, both through Venie.co.nz and through third party websites and applications (including Facebook and Instagram);
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to the website.
Third party providers - Analytics
- We may use third party vendors to assist us to analyse how our website is used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to enable them to perform these tasks on our behalf and they may not disclose it or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Third party providers - Targeting and Remarketing
- We may also use third party vendors for remarketing. This allows us to advertise to you on third party websites after you leave our website. We may do this via cookies and Facebook pixels located on our website.
- Most third party vendors allow you to opt-out or amend your settings. You can do this for Google by using the following link: http://www.google.com/settings/ads and for Facebook by clicking here https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Some third party vendors allow us to create Custom Audiences feature so that we can target advertising at you. If you wish to opt out of this please contact us.
If you register with Venie.co.nz or sign up for any of our newsletters or alerts, we will send you information about activities we feel may interest you. Your email address may also be used to send you information about our other websites and businesses that we feel are relevant to your registration to Venie.co.nz.
Additionally, we may allow any third party which acquires us or a substantial part of our assets, to contact you directly with information which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter and other correspondence by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link featured within our correspondence.
Where we Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our (or our third party service providers’) secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Venie.co.nz, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Venie.co.nz; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the circumstances set out below.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we or a substantial part of our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of Venie.co.nz, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tradespeople, organisers of activities listed on Venie.co.nz, or other users of Venie.co.nz.
- We may share aggregated user information with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of a particular category of users (e.g. women aged under 35) that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements in a particular period.
- We may share information submitted as part of third party promotional activities only when you agree the specific terms and conditions of the promotion by opting in to the promotion.
Venie.co.nz may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You have a legal right to a copy of all personal information about you held by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.